• 250g minced beef, lamb, or meat substitute. i.e. Quorn mince
• 1 small chopped red or white onion, depending on preference.
• 5 chopped chestnut mushrooms.
• 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic.
• 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
• 1 can 5 bean salad (or similar, kidney beans are a good option).
• 1-3 table spoons of your chosen Screaming Chimp Chilli Sauce.
• 1 cup of water. Salt to taste.
• Cracked black pepper to taste.
• 1 table spoon of olive oil, (vegetable oil is fine, as is rapeseed oil).
• 25g Grated chilli and lime cheese.
• Chopped spring onion to sprinkle on top.
1 mug of basmati rice. 1/2 teaspoon salt.
2 mugs of water.
Squeeze of lime juice, if you like it.
Heat your chosen pan on medium heat.
Spoon in the your chosen oil
Brown your chosen meat, or substitute until there are slight crispy bits on the mince. (should take
about 5 mins)
Throw in the chopped onion, mushrooms and garlic and cook for 2 mins.
Pour the can of beans, tomatoes, 1 mug of water, Chimpotle sauce and cup of water onto the meat and
simmer for 15 mins ( add salt and pepper to taste).
At this point- put the 2 mugs of water, 1 mug rice and ½ teaspoon of salt into a deep sauce pan and put on medium heat.
Chilli and rice cooking at the same time stirring occasionally.
After 15 mins, squeeze lime juice over the rice and spoon rice into your bowl , spoon chilli on top,
Sprinkle with grated cheese and spring onion and tuck in. Enjoy!